This is a hydrating face mask, perfect for cleaning and moisturizing. Honey is gentle astringent and extremely moisturizing. The combination of avocado and honey in this will refine the pores, tighten the skin, and smooth over wrinkles and reduce aging spots.
- Simply mash a ripe avocado and mix it with one tablespoon of honey.
- Spread a thin layer on your skin, and let it be for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Egg White and Lemon Juice
This is another useful one to help reduce oil and acne problems. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, which is perfect for oily skin, as it has natural astringent properties. Egg white helps moisturize dry skin.
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Take out the avocado pulp and mash it.
- Mix the two together with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply a thick layer to your face and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes.
Oatmeal Avocado Face Mask
This acts as a great moisturizing mask and helps in restoring damaged skin. Take 1/2 ripe avocado and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Cook the oatmeal as per instructions in the label on the oatmeal packet and mixed it well with the mashed avocado (without its skin and seed) until it turns into a pulp-free paste of uniform consistency. Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes or until it dries up. Once it’s done, rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin with a soft towel.
Avocado, Honey and Orange
Recipe: Add in 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and a couple droplets of chamomile oil with a mashed avocado and stir thoroughly.
Benefits: Honey helps to moisturize the skin while the orange and avocado exfoliates impurities from the face. Suggested application period is 20 minutes.